Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What's the Deal with the Crazy?

In a series of discussion threads on Amazon reviews, crazy has reared its bizarre and disingenuous head.  Her comments range from schizophrenic to victimized, needy, angry, conflicted, and threatening.

These are some of the self-contradicting and ambiguous remarks that this person has deleted to avoid incriminating herself/himself.

The Double Cross, by Carla Kelly
Shelly says:
I have become so desensitized from all the debauchery and crimes, that I just thought this wasn't a big deal. But with all your great responses I've changed my mind.
After serious consideration I have something to say:
I now thik it is a big deal.
I now think lying to people is wrong whatever the lie.
I now think dumping customers is wrong.I now think that phony review + lie + duping carries weight with Amazon customers and adds to the false credibility of Harriet's reviews.
What could you expect from an acquiescent person like me? But you also gave me very convincing arguments. I now think you are a wonderful group . . . .“I hope you are proud of yourselves like I am.
Thank you for making me a better person. Thank you so much.

Taking Him Down, by Meg Maguire
Shelly says:
Oh, dammit guys! 
I really thought the HKAS was the Harriet's official blog!!!  I just realized it isn't precisely that!!!  Damm it!  
I didn't want to get caught so soon! You must be laughing your ass off!
OMG!!!  How funny is that!!!  Please guys, LOL I really deserve it.

Taking Him Down, by Meg Maguire
Shelly says:
Very funny. 
Well guys, first of all let me tell you that you are very special guys, you are really great, and I really love your sense of humor.
But I'm afraid to tell you that as you should already know, I've finally caught on to you.  Now that I know that this is just a game (Harriet is just a pretext), and just a way to spend a few spare moments each day like Sneaky said, we can play together, alright?  As you should know, I really don't want to be one of Harriet's defenders (I guess that is because I'd feel really lonely around here LOL), so I'd prefer to join forces with you so we can defeat our enemy together.
I really think that Sneaky, as the chairman, won't put up any resistence.

Taking Him Down, by Meg Maguire
Shelly says:
Please guys, don't take this the wrong way, but seeing as you don't think that my last comment add to the discussion, I wonder if maybe my Master (you-know-who), needs a little help around here.
Maybe I'll give her a call just in case.

Taking Him Down, by Meg Maguire
Shelly says:
I'm afraid this is also the end.
. . . I just decided to agree with you 100%.  . . .
. . . I hadn't agreed with you 100% since the first day with the issue at hand
. .  I didn't want to agree with you 100%. What would have been the sense of our discussion?
. . . I can't discuss anything with anyone when we agree 100%.
. . . It's already been a few years since I know the truth about this "reviewer". You can rest assured that I feel sorry for you guys . . .
. . . I feel sorry for you guys, . . .
and I really think highly of you.
. . .  I would be a complete stupid if I defended her [Harriet Klausner]
I'm just not a victim unlike thousands of you . . .
. . . I suppose I can't be very useful around here any more.

Taking Him Down, by Meg Maguire
Shelly says:
. . . at the end, I had a great time!  [Later revision]
Last-Minute Bridesmaid, Nina
Harrington
Shelly says:
But I really think that it is more than obvious to the vast majority of customers that Harriet's "reviews" aren't what they are supposed to be for a number of reasons we should already know. I think of Harriet's "reviews" just like a way of publicize a novel. I really don't see anything bad in that. It's just an ad, for God's sake.
People are not stupid.
If Harriet was a real person, (which I don't think she is but maybe I'm wrong), she should be laughing like a drain. If it's just a way to spare a few moments after a hard day at work like Sneaky said, then superb.
But if you do this because you have even the slightest hope that Harriet might put a stop one day to her "reviews"... well, then you have a big...

Last-Minute Bridesmaid, Nina
Harrington
Shelly says:
Nobody should be afraid to tell the truth. We live in a free society, protected by freedom of speech. All our comments should be respected, because they are OUR comments, and nobody else's. Very soon you will know the truth. MY truth. What I really think about our helpful and spiring N1 Hall of Fame Reviewer, Ms Harriet Klausner.


Wanted, A Real Family, by Karen
Rose Smith
Shelly says:
Oops!
Sorry, but I forgot to tell you that the other reason why I deleted them is because ‘m sure (well, at part), that Harriet wouldn’t have like them.  But I’m sure it won’t happen again.”

Wanted, A Real Family, by Karen
Rose Smith
Shelly says:
You'll find out very soon.
"Nobody should be afraid to tell the truth. We live in a free society, protected by freedom of speech.  All our comments should be respected, because they are OUR comments, and nobody else's. Very soon you will know the truth. MY truth. What I really think about our helpful and  spiring  N1 Hall of Fame Reviewer,  Ms Harriet Klausner".

A Study in Silks, by Emma Jane
Holloway
Shelly says:
I'm very sorry to hear that, Sneaky. RIP
(I was going to try to say something useful about this review but I think I'll pass)

A Study in Silks, by Emma Jane
Holloway
Shelly says:
I've just talked with Harriet on the phone and she has told me to tell you that even though she doesn't always think along the same lines as you, she also sympathizes with you.

THE TRUTH, venerable friend of the HKAS, has accurately summed up Shelly’s deleted posts in a parody of her inconsistent and unbalanced behavior.

“I'm leaving - I'm gone - I'm never coming back - I'm back-I'm gone --- I'm back-I made no sense before - I make less sense now - I'm lost - I'm found - I'm never coming back but I'll get even --- I'm back --- I'm tripping over my own intellectual feet in public--- I'm gone --- I'm -----“

"The-Spanish-Beard" has now officially broken the world record for unrequested curtain calls. It has also been determined by Guinness's on-site authentication team that each time "The-Spanish-Beard" stated he/she wasn't coming back "The-Spanish-Beard" was flashing hand signs that decoded to the phrase "I'll be back!" thus "The-Spanish-Beard" has also broken Arnold Schwarzenegger's seemingly unbreakable record of total "I'll be back" proclamations in a 48 hour period.

Shelly's profile vanished from Amazon and then was reborn as Harry, curiously from the same city and state and with the same reviews.  After yet another disappearing act, Shelly/Harry has resurrected herself as Henry from Seattle, waiting like a little spider in the corner, until Amazon allows her to comment on reviews yet again. 

Why “disingenuous”?   You see, Shelly is not Shelly, Harry or Henry.  Shelly is a sock puppet account created by someone else.  The account was opened three years ago in 2010; it has five reviews all on out-of-date books published between 1998 and 2007.  None of them are Amazon purchases. which is a surefire indicator of a sock puppet.  That’s why you rarely see many reviews on these accounts. This indicates the sock puppet owned the books already and simply used them to create an appearance of legitimacy.  

The Harry profile contains all of "Shelly's" reviews.  The latent "Henry" identity contains the identical books with the identical reviews.  Poor Shelly/Harry/Henry doesn't realize that the url for the Amazon profile gives her away. “Shelly”, "Harry" and "Henry" were created just to make mischief.  Many more iterations are sure to come.

How do you have a logical discussion with a dishonest and disingenuous faker?  You don't, because those conversations are never fruitful.  Instead, you take away their forum, by ignoring it and carrying on.  The nutzoid behind it will self-destruct all by itself.