Friday, July 6, 2007

Off Topic from HK, but have you checked out powells.com?

I remember Barbara mentioning Powells before. I love Portland, but I'm terrified to go to Powells as I'm afraid I'll buy the whole store. Nordstroms I can resist, book stores -- forget it! When you post your reviews online, you have the option to be in what they call their "Daily Dose" -- if your review is chosen you can win a $20 gift certificate. What the hey and one week later after posting a few reviews and I won!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I still can't figure out how to edit my post. Oh well.

BTW, anyone ever tried posting reviews at Amazon CA? Jeez, 13 HV's and I've broken the top 1000. They never ever vote on anything there.

Barbara Delaney said...

I've bought books there and never won! You're so lucky. I've recommended Powells to a lot of people. I know of at least one other person on the blog who shops there and loves it. They have really good customer service and have found some hard to find items for me.

Malleus said...

Congratulations!

PS. To edit your post click on the pencil icon (for example). Or, alternatively, go to Dashboard, Posts, and edit it from there.