Friday, June 1, 2007

Top Reviewers Soliciting Items to Review

Update, I had sent an email to Amazon about a week or so ago about a top reviewer who was blatantly soliciting items for review. I had received a reply that they needed some time to review the matter, and I just received another email today stating "I wanted to send you a quick e-mail to let you know that we are still researching the matter regarding a "top reviewer" soliciting items for reviews".

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in those meetings.

And Barbara, you are most courageous to keep on chiming in as you do at HK's reviews. It's getting to be quite a jungle there.

1 comment:

Malleus said...

I'm surprised they even responded to that, and even moreso that they are "researching" something.

I had in impression that soliciting stuff for review is not against Amazon rules. Otherwise they'd have to ban probably two thirds of their Top Reviewers (and quite a few non-Top ones: for while only the Tops post reviews in huge numbers, a lot of occasional reviewers post jacket-copy-like reviews with high ratings).

It's very interesting that they decided to "look at it" (like it's not obvious what's going on there :-) ). Keep us updated!